New to Oviedo?

When you move to the City of Oviedo you will need to establish some basic utility services in order to make your new house or apartment feel more like home. Below are a list of services and service providers you will need to contact in order to establish water service, hook up your power, turn on your phone, and establish paid television service. The City in no way endorses any of these businesses.The listings are only supplied for you to make an informed decision.

New Water Utility Service with the City of Oviedo

You can establish your new utility account during our normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. eastern standard time, Monday through Friday. A completed and signed application and deposits will be required prior to an account being established. You can come in person to our office, or have the form faxed or emailed to you by contacting customer care. The completed and signed application would then be returned to us. Your deposits can be paid in person by cash, check, or charge. Payment can also be made by Visa or MasterCard over the phone. Please note we require 24 hour notice and do not connect water services on Saturday or Sunday.


The City of Oviedo, through Waste Pro of Florida, Inc. provides garbage, recycling, yard waste, and bulk waste collection services to residential properties located within the city limits of Oviedo.


To report a problem or to schedule collection of bulk items, contact Waste Pro of Florida, Inc. at 407-774-0800. 


There will be no collection services on the following holidays:
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day
New Year’s Day

If your service day falls on one of these holidays, your services will roll over to the following day. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, Monday services will be rescheduled to Tuesday, Tuesday services will move to Wednesday and so on. Friday services will be rescheduled to Saturday for that week only. 

For more information, including recycling drop-off at City facilities, household hazardous waste, and private waste collectors, click here.

Hooking up Your Power

There are two power companies that service the Oviedo area:

Natural Gas

Turning on Telephone Service

Cable / Satellite Providers


To find out where your child will be educated, visit the Seminole County Public Schools website. Oviedo is home to 4 public elementary schools (K-5); 2 public middle schools (6-8), and 1 public high school (9-12). Other public schools just outside City limits also serve Oviedo residents. Private schools are also available in the area.

Elementary Schools (Public)

  • Carillon Elementary (outside City limits)
  • Douglas Stenstrom Elementary
  • Evans Elementary
  • Lawton Elementary
  • Marguerite Partin Elementary
  • Walker Elementary (outside City limits)

Middle Schools (Public)

  • Jackson Heights Middle School
  • Lawton Chiles Middle School

High Schools (Public)

  • Hagerty High School (outside City limits)
  • Oviedo High School