On August 3, 2020 the Oviedo City Council adopted Resolution 3942-20 creating a 7 member “Sustainability Task Force”. The appointed task force will serve in an advisory capacity to City Council and provide recommendations regarding sustainability and related matters. The task force will:
- Identify and make recommendations to the City Council concerning affordable strategies associated with conservation, renewable energy, energy efficiency and other sustainability related initiatives and programs.
- Assist the City’s consultant and staff to develop sustainability goals, objectives, and policies to be incorporated into the City’s Comprehensive Plan as part of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Assist the City with the development of a Sustainability Strategic Plan for City operations with a goal of achieving 100% renewable energy for City operations by 2050.
- Encourage and promote sustainability in City programs, services, operations, planning, and goal setting.
- Foster partnerships with and between community organizations.
- Act as a liaison between the City Council and Community Sustainability Organizations.
- Perform such additional duties and services as may from time to time be assigned by the City Council..
Sustainability Task Force
|Wayne Bowen||Connor Dimatteo||Desta Horner|
|Meghan McCollum||Tara McCue||Stephen Schenck|
|Lisa San Filippo|