Sustainability Task Force
On August 3, 2020 the Oviedo City Council adopted Resolution 3942-20 creating a 7 member “Sustainability Task Force”. The appointed task force will serve in an advisory capacity to City Council and provide recommendations regarding sustainability and related matters. The task force will:
- Identify and make recommendations to the City Council concerning affordable strategies associated with conservation, renewable energy, energy efficiency and other sustainability related initiatives and programs.
- Assist the City’s consultant and staff to develop sustainability goals, objectives, and policies to be incorporated into the City’s Comprehensive Plan as part of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Assist the City with the development of a Sustainability Strategic Plan for City operations with a goal of achieving 100% renewable energy for City operations by 2050.
- Encourage and promote sustainability in City programs, services, operations, planning, and goal setting.
- Foster partnerships with and between community organizations.
- Act as a liaison between the City Council and Community Sustainability Organizations.
- Perform such additional duties and services as may from time to time be assigned by the City Council..
Applicants are requested to have the following backgrounds: economic development or business; environmental protection, natural resources management, or sustainability practices; social services or community health; urban planning or transportation planning; education; environmental law; science; horticulture; marine industry; or retired military personnel.
Seven (7) members will be appointed by the City Council. At least five (5) members will be residents of the City; two (2) members may be owners or employees of businesses within the City and are not required to be City residents. However, they must be residents of Seminole County
Please complete the Sustainability Task Force Application and return it to the City Clerk’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 2, 2020.