- City Departments
- Finance Department
- Purchasing Division
- How to Do Business with the City of Oviedo
How to Do Business with the City of Oviedo
The City of Oviedo Standard Operating Procedures establishes thresholds for the method of procurement based on the dollar value of the purchase.
- Purchases from $.01 to $5,000 requires one written quote.
- Purchases from $5,000.01 to $50,000 requires three written quotes.
- Purchases greater than $50,000 require formal solicitation for bid/proposal.
Vendors interested in doing business with the City are encouraged to register on the Vendorlink website. Vendors will receive notification of solicitations for Bids, RFPs and RFQs.
Registration with Vendorlink does not automatically register Vendors with the City.
Once a Vendor is awarded a purchase for the first time, contact information will need to be entered into the City’s financial system.
Vendors are added to the financial system with information provided on the W-9 form.
Vendors may be required to register with the State of Florida through Sunbiz.
View Current Bid Opportunities
Current solicitations can be viewed from the Purchasing Division website at Purchasing Division | Oviedo, FL (cityofoviedo.net).
The City advertises Formal solicitations in the Sunday edition of the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.
- Purchases under $5,000 - (1) quote is required; quotes are obtained by the individual departments.
- Purchase between $5,001 and $49,999 – (3) written quotes are required.
Invitation to Bid (ITB) or Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Purchases over $50,000 require formal solicitation – ITB or RFP.
- ITB process takes approximately 3-4 months to complete.
- RFP process takes approximately 4-6 months to complete.
- Bids/Proposals are posted on Vendorlink.
- Notice of Intent to Award is posted on Vendorlink.
- Contract requires City Council approval.
Responsive and Responsible Vendors
- When reviewing Bids/Proposals the City determines if a bid is responsive and the vendor responsible.
- Responsive means a bid that includes all material requirements of the solicitation.
- Responsible means a vendor that has the resources, references, experience, financial capacity, business integrity, and satisfactory past performance.
Standard Insurance Requirements
The City of Oviedo requires anyone who is performing any work on any City owned property to provide the following forms of insurance, as applicable:
- Automobile Liability.
- Commercial General Liability.
- Workers’ Compensation.
- Professional Liability.
- Other Required Insurance.
A Purchase Order is a legal contract and represents an agreement of terms between the buyer and seller. Purchases of supplies or services will be authorized by a purchase order with the exception of purchasing card or emergency purchaser. Purchase Order Terms and Conditions can be viewed on the Purchasing Division’s website here Purchase Order Terms and Conditions | Oviedo, FL (cityofoviedo.net)
Payment of Invoices
Invoices are paid upon submission of invoices to:
City of Oviedo
400 Alexandria Blvd
Oviedo, Florida 32765
Invoices are to be billed at the prices stipulated on the Purchase Order.
All invoices must show the City’s PO Number.
Invoices will be processed for payment within (30) days of receipt, or in accordance with the Florida Prompt Payment Act.
Jacqueta ScottPurchasing & Contracts AdministratorPhone: 407-971-5534