The City of Oviedo's Water Distribution provides the following with minimal interruption of water service:
- Safe and sanitary installation and repair of water mains
- Installation of water services
- Installation and service of meters and meter boxes
- Installation and service of air release valves
- Auto flushing devices
- Fire hydrants and valves
Maintenance & Repair
Water Distribution is responsible for the maintenance and repair of:
- Approximately 193 miles of water mains ranging in diameter from 2" to 36"
- Approximately 2,500 isolation valves
- 1,283 fire hydrants
- Over 14,000 potable water meters and service lines throughout the distribution system
Water Distribution Division is also responsible for exercising valves, flushing hydrants, trouble shooting meters, assisting the Water Production with water quality control issues, assisting the Finance Department in the facilitation of work orders, service connection/disconnections and reading meters.