Adopt a Road Program
The Adopt A Road Program allows residents to directly impact pollution prevention efforts to our surrounding surface waters. These valuable volunteers assist in the retrieval and collection of Right-of-Way garbage before it has a chance to enter our storm system and waterways.
The length of Right-of-Way (ROW) adopted must be over one mile long, and participants must commit to the following:
- Sign an Agreement to adopt one of the eligible portions of roadway provided by the Public Works Stormwater Coordinator.
- Make a commitment to clean the ROW of trash along the adopted roadway at a minimum of every three months.
- Report to the Stormwater Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org the date and amount of trash collected; trash is normally collected and estimated in fifty-gallon trash bags. If more than three pick-ups are missed, the portion of roadway will be placed up for re-adoption, and the current signage removed.
- Provide the name of the group adopting the roadway to be displayed on signage. The signage will be installed at the beginning and end of the roadway segment.
- Debris and collected litter should be left tied to the pole of the sign for pick-up by the Public Works Department.
- All adopting parties will be announced within the Oviedo in the News publication and City’s social media pages.
- East Mitchell Hammock Road from Central Avenue to Lockwood Boulevard (north side) (1.7 miles)
- East Mitchell Hammock Road from Central Avenue to Lockwood Boulevard (south side) (1.7 miles)
- West Mitchell Hammock Road from Central Avenue to SR 426 (south side only) (1 mile)
- South Lockwood Boulevard from West Riviera Boulevard to southern city limit (west side ROW) (1.4 miles)
- South Lockwood Boulevard from East Riviera Boulevard to southern city limit (east side ROW) (1.4 miles)
- South Lake Jessup Avenue from Mitchell Hammock Road to West Broadway Street (both sides) (2 miles)
- West Broadway Street from North Pine Avenue to West Mitchell Hammock Road (both sides) (2.3 miles)
- CR 419 (north side) from Lockwood Boulevard to Snow Hill Road (2.6 miles)
- CR 419 (south side) from Lockwood Boulevard to Sterling Creek Parkway (2.6 miles)