American Red Cross Lifeguarding
Oviedo Aquatic Facility
148 Oviedo Blvd
Want to make a difference in your community? Love the water? Enjoy working with children and teaching? The Oviedo Aquatic Facility offers American Red Cross Courses to become a Lifeguard!
Completion of course does not guarantee employment with the City of Oviedo.
- Swimming requirements must be completed and passed in order to continue the class.
- Completion of the class does not guarantee employment with the City of Oviedo
- To receive certifications, the participant must pass all written and skill tests.
- With successful completetion of any American Red Cross Course offered by Oviedo Aquatics you will receive the certification, for the course one registered for.
Lifeguard Course Requirements:
- Minimum age of 15 by course completion
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Swim 20 yards using freestyle or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 ft. and retrieve a 10 lb. brick and swim 20 yards back with two hands on the brick keeping your face above water and climb onto the pool deck within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Swimming requirements will be completed on the first scheduled day of the course
What is blended learning?
- Blended learning combines online learning with on-site skills sessions where you practice skills and demostrate competency.
- Winter course dates:
January Classes: 1/14, 1/15, 1/21, 1/22
February Classes: 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19
- Spring course dates:
- March Classes: 3/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23
April Classes: 4/1, 4/2, 4/8, 4/9
- Course times: 9-5pm
- *Participants must be present for all class dates to be eligible for the course
Registration: Participates may register at the Oviedo Aquatic Facility located at 148 Oviedo Blvd. Oviedo, Florida, 32765.
Open registration: 11/01/16
For any additional American Red Cross courses visit www.redcross.org/take-a-class.
- Oviedo Residents - $300
- Non-Resident Members - $320
- Non-Resident - $340
Information please contact Pedro Vasconcellos at 407-971-5582 or email at email@example.com