Be Safe! When someone is on a bicycle, safety is the first priority. Even if you are a cautious rider, accidents can still occur.
Consider this Quote:"Bicycling is a fun activity but your bike is not a toy it is your first vehicle." AAA Auto Club South.
You can be safe if you follow these tips to ride like an expert.
- Always wear a safety helmet
- Stop and check traffic around you
- Avoid riding when it's hard to see
- Obey the law
- Move with the flow of traffic
- Be extra careful when turning left
- Stop, Look, and Listen
- Give cars and pedestrians the right-of-way
- Avoid riding on broken pavement
Oviedo Police Department Community Relations Section provides bicycle rodeos for organizations as well as local events. These rodeos promote safety and educate people about bicycle laws.
Officer Diane Duffy
phone: 407-971-5709 or
You may also contact
Lieutenant Tony Velez