Message from the Chief
Yes, once again traffic is the topic. I have just reviewed the traffic data from the first quarter of the year and although the data does not surprise me due to the consistent nature of the data.
· 42% of all traffic crashes were rear end collisions.
· Highest volume of rear end crashes were 8 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, and 6 pm.
· 22% resulted from improper backing, parking lot crashes into parked vehicle.
· Highest volume of crashes occurred on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
· Highest volume of crashes occurred between 1 pm and 6 pm
· Areas with the most crashes were:
o Mitchell Hammock/Lockwood
o SR 434/W. Broadway
Distracting driving is the main cause of rear end collisions. Please put the cell phones down and focus on driving.
With your cooperation our streets can be safer for your friends, family and you.