How to report an Emergency..Dial 911
Three very simple phone numbers (911) will connect you with highly trained dispatchers in the Oviedo 911 Communication Center if you are an Oviedo resident. We encourage you to maintain your household traditional telephone in order to be capable of calling 911 from your residence which provides your address to the dispatcher. Cellular Phones and Voice Over Internet Protocol do not provide an address or call location to the dispatcher when calling 911.
When should you call 911?
You should call 911 for any Police, Fire, or Medical Emergency. Don't be afraid to call 911 requesting emergency services. Our dispatchers are well trained to ask you the appropriate questions to determine what type of emergency you are experiencing and what type of resources are required to help you in your time of need.
What number do I call for a non-emergency situation?
You should call the Oviedo Communcation Center Non-Emergency Number at 407-971-5700 if you believe your situation does not require an immediate emergency response from fire, medical or police. If you are unsure if your circumstance is an emergency or non-emergency, we suggest you call 911 and we will assist you.
Examples of an Emergency
- Medical emergency, trauma, chest pain, diabetic, choking, seizure, burns, fracture, laceration, stroke, unconscious, pain, falls, difficulty breathing, child birth, general weakness, disorientation, overdose, loss of vision, drowning, electrical shock, or any other uncommon medical situation.
- Vehicle crash, vehicle fire.
- House fire, commercial building fire, smoke visible inside, smoke odor inside, electrical hazard, gas leak, fuel spill, lightning strike to home or business, and any other fire emergency.
- Fire outside, brush fire, forrest fire, smoke visible outside.
- Explosive device visible.
- Power lines on ground, power pole fire, transformer fire/explosion.
- Chemical spills, chemical odor.
- Smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm.
Examples of a Non-Emergency
- Keys locked in a car or home.
- Animal rescue.
- Assistance with taking medications.
- Assistance getting back to bed.
- General questions.