Oviedo Information

Frequently Asked Questions

  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListFilterParent::get_filter_form() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListFilterParent.php on line 15.
  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListFilterParent::get_filter_form_validate() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListFilterParent.php on line 16.
  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListFilterParent::get_filter_form_submit() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListFilterParent.php on line 17.
  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListFilterParent::clear_existing_settings() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListFilterParent.php on line 18.
  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListDisplayParent::get_display_form() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListDisplayParent.php on line 109.
  • strict warning: Static function SimpleListDisplayParent::clear_existing_settings() should not be abstract in /home/oviedofl/public_html/sites/all/modules/simplelist/SimpleListDisplayParent.php on line 111.


Where and how do I register to vote?
Registration cards are available at the City Clerk's office located on the first floor of City Hall.  After filling the cards out, they are to be mailed to the Supervisor of Elections office at 1500 E. Airport Blvd., Sanford, FL 32773 or, you can visit the Supervisor's office at the same address. For additional information regarding voter registration, call (407) 708-7700, or visit the Supervisor of Elections website. click here
When are the City Council meetings?
The first and third Monday of each month beginning at 6:30 p.m. and are held in the City Council Chambers, located on the 1st Floor of City Hall, 400 Alexandria Blvd.  For more information about these meetings, you may contact the City Clerk’s office at (407) 971-5500.
Who do I contact to obtain a street address?
How do I find out who owns a piece of property?
You can go to City of Oviedo Public Portal click here or you can go to the GIS Division office, located on the second floor of City Hall, 400 Alexandria Blvd. The GIS division is responsible for addressing property and has information regarding ownership of property within the of City Of Oviedo. You may call their office at 407-971-5510. For property outside the City limits, you may contact the Seminole County Property Appraiser office at (407) 665-7506.
Where can I apply for building permits?
The Building Department, located on the 1st Floor of the Annex Building, 320 Alexandria Blvd., is responsible for issuing building permits.  For more information you can call 407-971-5755.
Where can I apply for garage or yard sale permits?
Yard sale permits (also known as garage) are available through the Development Services Department, located on the 2nd Floor of the Annex Building, 320 Alexandria Blvd.  For more information please call (407) 971-5781.
Where is the City Electric Department located?
The City of Oviedo does not maintain street lights or electricity service within the City. Depending on the location of the street light within the City limits, there are two different companies that handle street lights (and consequently all power related utilities). A simple way to determine which company to call is as follows: If you are EAST of the C.R. 419 Econlockhatchee River Bridge (The Sanctuary, Riverside, Partin Elementary, Lawton Chiles Middle School, Live Oak Reserve...), contact Florida Power and Light at 1-800-226-3545. If you are WEST of the C.R.419 Econlockhatchee River Bridge (the majority of the City of Oviedo with the exception of the above locations), contact Progress Energy at (800) 228-8485 or 407-629-1010. If you are unsure on which company to call, either company can direct you to the appropriate authority if they are not responsible for the street light. If all else fails, feel free to call the City of Oviedo Public Works Department at 407-971-5668 for assistance, Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Who do I talk to concerning City garbage pickup and damage to garbage containers?
All complaints and special requests should be directed to the City’s Public Works Department at 407- 971-5668 or to the City’s garbage service provider, Republic Services at 407-293-8000.
What is the direct telephone number for the City's Customer Service Department, for utility billing, utility cut-off/turn-on, complaints, etc.?
You may contact the Customer Service Department directly at (407) 971-5535.
Where can I file for homestead exemption?
Filing for homestead exemptions is done through the Seminole County Property Appraiser's Office, Seminole County Property Appraisers Office located at 1101 E. 1st. St. in Sanford, FL 32771-1468.  Office Hours: Mon - Fri. 8am -5pm; You may reach them at (407) 665-7506 or by visiting their website.  click here
Where do I go to obtain a Florida driver's license?
You may obtain a Florida driver’s license at the Division of Motor Vehicles office located on 104 Wilshire Blvd, Casselberry, FL 32707.  To contact them by telephone, call (407) 665-1000 or by their website click here. The Seminole County Tax Collector has an office in Lake Mary at 845 Primera Blvd.  The hours of operation for the facility in Lake Mary are 8:30am to 4:40pm.  For answers to your questions please call 407-665-7601.
Where is the City Of Oviedo Area Chamber of Commerce?
The Oviedo - Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce is located at 376 North Central Avenue, Oviedo, FL 32765.  Their telephone number is (407) 365-6500.  Their mailing address is P. O. Box 621236, Oviedo, FL  32762.  Click here for website.
Where is the City Of Oviedo Post Office?The Post Office is located at 83 Geneva Dr. Oviedo, FL 32765.  Their hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. through 12:00 noon on Saturdays.  They are closed on Sundays.  Their telephone number is (407) 971-6213.  Their fax number is (407) 359-7495. 
Where can I obtain tangible tax form?
Tangible:  The tax form for this items can be found at the Seminole County Property Appraiser's Office 1101 E. 1st. St. in Sanford, FL 32771-1468.  Office Hours: Mon - Fri. 8am -5pm; You may reach them at (407) 665-7506 or click here for website.
Who do I contact to reserve/rent City parks and/or buildings?
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for taking reservations for all City parks and buildings.  You may reach them at (407) 971-5565 or (407) 971-5578.
Who do I contact to purchase a cemetery space in Oviedo?
The City of Oviedo does not provide cemetery spaces.
Who do I contact to schedule a special event?
The Planning Department located on the 2nd floor of the Annex Building, 320 Alexandria Blvd., provides Special Event Permits and coordinates all events held within the City.  To hold a special event, organizations and individuals must complete a special event application. You can contact the planning department at (407) 971-5781 or (407) 971-5777 for more information.